Meet Luellen Hoffman Maskeny
Candidate for Virginia General Assembly District 7
- Graduate of George Mason University 1986.
- Advanced degree from George Washington University 1996.
- Adjunct Professor at George Mason University 2006.
- John Hopkins University Certified Contact Tracer 2020.
- Career in the convention industry for nonprofit associations.
- Teacher 2018 – 2019 (elementary) and 2021 – 2022 (middle school).
- Contact Tracer for the Southern Nevada Health District during Covid 2020 – 2021.
- Working in media for the special ops community.
- Published Author “Special Dream” Crossroad Publishing 2007.
- Avid Runner in the Mayor’s Midnight Marathon, Anchorage, Alaska ½ Marathon.
- Marine Corps Marathon 10k (Team in Training Fund Raiser).
- Cancer fighter/survivor.
- Widow with two wonderful sons, John & Mark.
- Dog owner of a Pembroke Welsh Corgi, Winnie
- Raised over $4,000 in donations for “Team in Training” to help fight Leukemia.
- Created an Equestrian Scholarship at Dartmouth College, NH
- Developed the “Giving Tree” program at church to distribute gifts to underprivileged children in the Reston area.
- Worked with the Reston police department to distribute socks to children in Reston
- Member of “League of Women Voters -Fairfax”.
- Contributing writer in the book: “Open to Hope” by Gloria Horsley.
- Contributing writer for the “The New Barker” magazine, Tampa, FL.
- Contributing writer for the “Children’s Column” in Medjugorje magazine, Chicago, IL
- Please note:
I am not on Social Media; Facebook, TikToc, Instagram or Twitter due to the nature of endless arguing.
I want to be the change and start listening again, in a kind way, that is respectful of all views.